If you look at the purpose of most brand strategies, it’s clear how effective corporate clothing is in building an identity.
According to Ask Your Target Market, a brand strategy is a “long-term plan for the development of a successful brand in order to achieve specific goals. A well-defined and executed brand strategy affects all aspects of business and is directly connected to consumer needs, emotions, and competitive environments.”
This definition of a brand strategy highlights the importance of having a strong brand strategy – because it affects every part of your business including your identity. Your brand identity can be defined as all the visual elements of your brand. And although corporate clothing is only one way to build a strong brand identity, it has been around for a very long time and has been proven to be very successful!
Jim Drain said “Clothing is viral, impermanent in a way that public art cannot be. So I like thinking of how corporate-created clothing can be seen as a form of public art.”
We just love that! Corporate workwear sends a powerful message and if you are trying to build or grow a brand identity, corporate clothing is a powerful and effective way to do it.
Advantages of using corporate clothing to build your brand identity
- Practicality – Corporate workwear removes employees’ daily worry about what is appropriate clothing for work. It also solves the problem of balancing professionalism and comfort while still providing an opportunity for a sense of uniqueness through styles and colours. The employer can also avoid the under dressing/overdressing issue. If an organisation is more casual, the collection they choose can be more casual without opening themselves up to employees coming to work in sweatpants.
- Corporate clothing has a positive influence on employees – It provides employees with a sense of belonging and equality. Research shows that corporate workwear helps employees identify more with the values, mission, and goals of an organisation. It makes them feel more accountable to uphold these principles and represent the company better. And ultimately, this builds your brand identity.
- It increases professionalism and customer trust – Your brand immediately seems more professional if your team wears corporate clothing. Everyone is neat and comes across as professionals who take their work seriously. Customers also seem to trust companies who use corporate clothing more as it reflects high quality and leaves a better impression on your customer.
- It increases visibility – It will be much easier for customers to spot your employees and find someone to help them if they need it. It also conveys authority, so customers will also trust your employees more.
- It is free advertising – When adding your brand logo to corporate workwear you immediately gain a few extra sales people. As your employees go on their way, people notice the brand and your advertising spreads further and further.
- It helps build and maintain a good brand image – Customers associate corporate clothing with big companies and it boosts customers’ confidence in your brand. People also like consistency in brands and corporate workwear provides plenty of that.
KARMA Clothing assists large and smaller companies with a wide selection of garment styles, shapes and sizes, for both ladies and men. We are a local manufacturer and use quality fabrics in modern and stylish corporate clothing collections.